Seiten

Samstag, 12. November 2016

Finally, the "Cosmic road"


This time I really knew what to do. The soap batter was perfect - not the choice of essential oils - it started thicken up quickly. Nevertheless, it worked out. I didn't even use the squeeze bottle, I just poured a little of the colored soap batter out of a cup in the base batter and poured in the dividor calm and slowly and close to the surface. It was really fascinating seeing the waves finding its own way. Overall, I had to work quick because of my essential oils and I feel I did it right.


In a few hours the time is up to submit the soap so I'm a little bit in a rush taking pictures and writing my story (15 hours before the picture was taken the soap was stored as oil in my shelf). The whole (way to Cosmic road) story is told in the previous three posts (it starts with graffiti soap) - if you learn from my experience you'll have cosmic waves really soon :-)

A really fascinating technique, thanks to Tatsiana Serko for teaching it and to Amy Warden hosting the challenge. This time it seems that it needed lots of feedbacks to participants and I was a great challenge for everybody.

GOOD LUCK to everybody joining the challenge!



_THE_RECIPE "Traubi-Soda with sheabutter and canola oil"
 OILS  30% coconut oil, 20% olive oil, 14% sheabutter, 12% grape seed oil, 10% rice bran oil & 4% castor oil
 LYE   20% water, 6% superfat
 ADDITIVES  citric acid
 SCENT  
 COLOR   dark blue, light blue and golden mica (WEP)
 DATE  11. November 2016



Der Blog ist übersiedelt / this blog moved to: 

www.seifenimglueck.com!

Ich freue mich auf deinen Besuch!

Alles Liebe, Diane

20 Kommentare:

  1. Woo hoo!!! I'm so happy for you, Diane! You did it! This looks amazing! The colors and waves are just beautiful. Well done!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much Amy! And thanks for pushing me! And you are right, it's really fascinating when the waves are coming without any movement!
      Kind regards,
      Diane

      Löschen
  2. Oh mein Gott!!!
    Diane, die Seife ist einfach atemberaubend schön!!! ❤️❤️❤️
    Ich liebe die Farben und das Muster. So genial!!!
    Toi, toi, toi!!! Liebe Grüße, Christiane

    P.S.: Dein Rezept heißt Traubi-Soda??? Echt jetzt??? Grenzgenial!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Vielen Dank liebe Christiane, ich freue mich immer sehr von dir zu lesen! Ich habe bei Traubi-Soda extra den Bindestrich verwendet damit ich keinen Ärger krieg! Traube ist drin und für den Blubber sorgen Rizi & Reiskeim, war eine logische Konsequenz :-)
      Alles Liebe
      Diane

      Löschen
  3. Antworten
    1. Thank's a lot Julie! I'm really glad you like my soap!
      Kind regards
      Diane

      Löschen
  4. Beautiful colors! So glad you kept trying!!
    Sly

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love your color palette! The colors are so happy together.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Great colour choice! They really work together!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Nice colors and you achieved some really neat waves. Great job.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Beautiful! Nice color combination, and very distinct definition in the waves!

    BTW, why do you add citric acid? Is that to slow trace? Doesn't it just cancel out some of the lye? Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you Claudia! I use the citric acid because we have really hard water in my home town. I had to google and translate a little bit to find the right words in English - it helps preventing soap scum (I hope I found the correct word). When I don't use citric acid and the finished soaps contacts water there will be a white frame left where the soap was drying. This is really hard to remove.
      The citric acid may help prevent DOS (dreaded orange spots) known as rancidity as well. Kevin Dunn did't found any prove for this in his book Soapmaking Science - however, I read that in informal discussions some soap makers that use a higher concentration than Mr. Dunn proved this. You're completely right, citric acid cancels some of the lye! I calculate how much it is canceling and add this amount extra to my lye.
      Kinds regards from Austria, Diane

      Löschen

seifenimglueck@gmx.at